Styles

2023-03-19

Krynn Ephemeris HTML App

Krynn has always been fascinating for the amount of worldbuilding. Among them, the three moons fo different colors, and, of course, the constellations!

I've always dreamed of providing my players both the night sky and the moon phases of each day, in a precise en predictive way, and until now, all I had, was a way to randomly set the moon phase at the start of an adventure.

So, having a bit of programming skills, I did an HTML app, which can run on any browser, to get my ephemeris:

In the app, you get, for a specific night, both the year-day, the season, the equinoxes and solstices, but also the moon phases (either classic and Taladas) and, best of all, the night sky around 02:00 (2am for the imperial-unitists).

All this can be animated: By pressing either '+' or '-' on your keyboard, you can increase/decrease the "current day", and this will update everything on the graph.

You can try the app in your browser, at the following address:

You can get the ZIP file containing the HTML, CSS, JS, and image files both on Github, and on a GDrive:

For what is worth, the (transparent) image for the constellations I've used is below:

This image is slightly different from the original, as I was more constrained by a circular shape than a page-rectangular shape, as with the original, but the order of constellations is somewhat respected, and I made sure the outer constellations were more or less zodiacal in latitude.

No comments:

Post a Comment